I enjoyed my first blogging conference, BlogOn Xmas so much! As soon as the tickets came out for May’s BlogOn X, I didn’t hesitate to snap up a ticket. Yesterday, I found out that there was once again a list of questions for people to introduce themselves ahead of it, should they wish to. So, here’s a bit about me and perhaps some potential ice-breakers if you see me. Please say hello to me if you spot me – I don’t bite…much!
- Share a recent photo of yourself
I don’t really have many photos of myself, but here’s the most recent one I could find! My husband took this when we went to Broadstairs a couple of weeks ago and managed to get his thumb in the corner 🙂 I’ll probably be wearing contact lenses when I’m at BlogOn.
- What’s your favourite pizza topping?
Herbs, mushrooms, peppers and cheese!
- You can have dinner with any three guests dead or alive- who do you choose and why
I’d choose my Grandad because I miss him so badly and there’s lots I’d like to talk to him about. I’d also have Autumn and my Nan there. Autumn so that they could meet each other and my Nan so that she could spend time with him again.
- Up to now what would you consider being your biggest life achievement?
Definitely giving birth to Autumn. She’s a fighter and such a cheeky, funny, clever little thing.
- If you woke up tomorrow as a character from any Disney film or book who would you be and why?
I don’t know. Please don’t hate me, but I’m actually not that into Disney at all. I’d possibly be Mulan as I always had a lot of respect for her as a child.
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Attempt to go back to sleep again!
- If you won the lottery what would be the very first thing you would buy and why?
My Nan’s house, as it has a lot of sentimental value to us as a family.
- What is your favourite quote from a movie?
I’m not sure, but one that comes to mind is the following from Legally Blonde:
“You must always have faith in people. And, most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself” – Elle Woods.
- If you were a superhero what would your super power be?
The power to heal.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
“Knowledge is the key” was something one of my managers told me at a job I had as a teenager. One that may be better that I need to listen to more is “Don’t worry about things out of your control”. After all, what you’re worrying about might not even happen and you’re wasting time and energy on it!
- Which emoji do you use the most?
The crying with laughter emoji.
- If you could go back in time and tell yourself anything what would it be?
I’d go back and tell my teenage self that I’d meet a lovely boy very soon who would eventually become my husband. There was no point crying over boys who weren’t worth my time.
- What do you currently have set as the wallpaper on your phone?
Autumn when she was 4 months old, I love this picture!
- If you could do anything in the world as a legitimate job what would you do?
I’d write, draw and create beautiful things.
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
I love Cornwall and Pembrokeshire. Solva in particular is a very special place to my husband and I.