Hi and welcome to my guest series – When I found out I was pregnant. This week I’m excited to introduce Sophie from Life As Mrs D!
1. When did you find out you were pregnant?
I found out I was pregnant on 28th August 2015 (to be precise!) First thing in the morning before we went to work….so probably somewhere around 7am!
2. Where were you when you found out you were pregnant?
Haha, at home, sat on the loo upstairs.
3. Were you surprised?
Not really, I had suspected for a few days, but hubby was away with work, so I didn’t want to take a test before he got home
4. Before you took a pregnancy test, did you have any signs that you may be pregnant?
None that would be acceptable to put on a family blog!!
5. What were the first thoughts that went through your mind when you found out you were pregnant?
It’s finally bl**dy happened! Quickly followed by S***, I’m going to be a mum!!!
6. How did you tell your partner you were pregnant?
I went downstairs to where he was eating breakfast, said “how do you fancy being a Daddy?” and showed him the test!
7. What was your partner’s reaction?
“Really!?! Wow!” He gave me a big hug, and then I told him that I had to get ready for work and went back upstairs! Talk about savouring the moment, eh!?
- She loves cocktails, films, reading, cocktails, baking, blogging, cocktails, the idea of crafting (she really likes cocktails!)
- She has been with her husband since 2005, they moved in together in 2010 and got married in May 2013
- In September 2013 they went on honeymoon, going to New York for just under a week then travelling around California for two weeks
- They got the keys to their first house in February 2014 and found out during the move that she’s a big hoarder of a lot of useless crap!
- Their first child, a little girl called Isla Jean Durrans, was born on 1st May 2016
- She blogs about her life – the trials and tribulations, the boring and the busy, the moments and the madness, the loves and the laughs
I loved reading Sophie’s story and the fact that she waited for her husband to come home from working away before she took her pregnancy test – I’m not sure I’d have been able to wait!
Thank you for taking part, Sophie! x