Today is Valentine’s Day and it’s made me think about all the reasons why I love my husband. I think as time goes on and when the dynamics of a relationship change after you have a child, it’s quite common for couples to undervalue each other and not appreciate each other enough a lot of the time. Dave usually reads all my blog posts before they go live, he’s so supportive of my blog (and anything I do, actually). He doesn’t know that I’m writing this one though, so I guess this is kind of my way of saying “I might not always show it, but I love and appreciate you so much! Happy Valentine’s Day, darling!” I know he’ll have a huge smile when this pops up in his inbox this morning.
Here are 10 reasons why I love him:
- He’s my best friend – When I met Dave, we just instantly clicked and became best friends. We met during GCSE study leave and our friendship blossomed over the long summer of 2008. Although a lot of our interests aren’t the same, we did have a lot in common. For example, we love cheese! When we met after school, we’d often just sit in the park eating cheese together.
- He’s a great Dad – I fully believe that it takes a real man to be a Dad, not just a father. He loves Autumn so much and it melts my heart seeing him playing and interacting with her, making her smile. He often has the magic touch when it comes to calming her down.
- I can tell him anything – I feel like I can talk to him about anything and I really do mean anything. Nothing is off limits and I think he feels that he can speak to me about absolutely anything too. I trust him wholeheartedly.
- He takes care of me – He works hard to take care of Autumn and I, looks out for me in general and takes care of me when I’m ill. I remember as a teenager telling him I was ill and saying he should stay away from me – the next thing I knew he’d come to visit me straight after school with flowers, a magazine and chocolate for when I felt better.
- We’ve grown up together – We started dating when we were 16 and now we’re 25, so we really have grown up together. We’ve gone from those awkward teenage days when you’re trying to find out who you are and what you want to do, to ‘proper adults’ (scary!) with jobs, a mortgage and a child!
- He’s my rock – There have been times in my life where I really don’t know how I would have coped without him. These include when I was extremely anxious around my A level exams, when my Great Aunt died, when Autumn was in hospital and when I subsequently had anxiety that was so severe it almost hospitalised me. He took care of Autumn and helped me to get back on my feet.
- I can’t imagine life without him – I’ve built my life with him and love him so much, I can’t imagine what my life would be like without him. Furthermore, I really don’t want to – just the idea fills me with sadness and anguish.
- I love spending time with him – It doesn’t matter what we’re doing, I just want to be with him for as much time as possible. I honestly don’t mind if we’re just having a PJ day at home or having a day out somewhere, I just appreciate any time spent with him.
- He’s so hot – Well, it had to be in here somewhere didn’t it and I know it’ll make him have an uber-massive smile when he reads this one! To me, my husband is the most attractive man on the earth and I feel so lucky that he’s all mine.
- He makes me feel complete – Okay, this has all been very cheesy, but love is cheesy! This is probably the cheesiest one yet, but he really does make me feel complete. It feels like we were made for each other and meant to be together, for many reasons. Particularly after long periods where we’ve spent all day every day together, I really feel like part of me is missing when we then have to be apart again. I remember feeling it very strongly after I went back to work after a lovely holiday to Dorset in 2012.
I can think of many other reasons too and I feel bad for not including some of the others like I trust him, he supports me and he makes me laugh, but these were the first 10 ones that came to mind!
What are your reasons for loving a special person in your life? I’d love to hear from you, please comment below!
Credit for the featured image goes to the wonderful Robert Marriott Photography
33 thoughts on “10 Reasons why I love my husband”
1 he loves me for who I am
2. He puts up with me moaning
3. Always thinks I’m clever
4. Always been there through my illnesses
5. Loves our daughters so much
6. Loves our grandchildren
7. Even though we’ve been together 43 years still buys me presents and cards
8. He is very kind to me
9. Hates being a burden ( which I tell him he is but only joking)
10. Even though he’s not well still has time to tell me I look nice and he loves me ❤️❤️
Awww, that’s lovely! 🙂 <3
Ahh how funny, I’ve linked up my post to Dream Team too and I have a reasons I love my husband haha. Great reasons and great post!
Great minds think alike, right? 😉 Thank you and thanks for commenting x
Aww… what a cute Valentines post. I think the biggest reason I love Grumpy Dad is that he puts up with ME! 😉 #DreamTeam
Hahaha, that should probably have been one of my reasons too 😉 Thanks for your comment 🙂 x
This is just so lovely. I love hearing about couples who grew up together, you must have seen and been through so much together #bestandworst
Thank you 🙂 Yes, it feels like we’ve been through ever such a lot already. Thank you for your comment x
Awww, this is such a lovely post, sounds like you a very happy couple! Thanks for linking up lovely #bestandworst
Thank you and thanks for commenting 🙂 x
So so beautiful! This definitely gave me the warm and fuzzies and I bet he was over the moon to read such a gorgeous post. You two are clearly made for each other and it is so wonderful to read. Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam x
Yay, warm fuzzies all round! 🙂 Thank you, he loved this surprise post 🙂 Thanks for commenting x
What a lovely blog post. I love that your husband is your best friend, Ben my husband is mine too. He’s just reading over my shoulder and saying, that’s us. haha. Happy belated Valentines from Peonie and Me. #bestandworst x
Aww, that’s lovely! Isn’t love grand? 🙂 Thank you, happy belated Valentines to you too and thanks for commenting x
How fabulous to celebrate the good things this way!!!
Thank you, I don’t recognise the good things enough and it seemed like the perfect time to show some appreciation 🙂 Thanks for commenting xx
What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing with us at #ablogginggoodtime ?
Thank you and thanks for your comment 🙂 xx
Aww, this is such a beautiful post x
Thank you and thanks for commenting 🙂 x
This is such a beautiful post and your pictures are so cute!
Thanks for sharing!
Sabah || http://www.womanishaffairs.org
Lovely post! My wife is also my best friend and I know we can face anything in life when we’re together #sundaybest
Thank you! 🙂 And thanks for commenting xx
Awww, that’s lovely! <3 Thank you for commenting x
awwww you are too sweet!! I see so much of my relationship the same way. Although me and hubby started dating only 6 years ago, we’ve known eachother for 14 years so we’ve grown up together too and I love how I can be so ridiculously stupid and he joins in with me! Love how you’ve found your soulmate! #sundaybest
Thank you, I definitely have 🙂 That’s lovely, being stupid together is one of the best things! 🙂 Thanks for commenting xx
Awww what a beautiful post. I love your list of reasons why you love your husband. How lovely that you’ve been together since you were 16. Having those shared memories is such a special thing. Always nice to stop and think of the reasons why you love each other – my Christmas present last year to my husband was a little book full of all the things I love about him and I think I enjoyed writing it almost as much as he enjoyed reading it! 🙂 #bloggerclubuk
That’s such a lovely idea! Thank you and thanks for commenting 🙂 x
How sweet are you! I love that you have so many photos together, there aren’t many of Ian and I. Thanks for linking up to #SundayBest x
Thank you! 🙂 x
Beautiful post. I can say the same thing about my husband. We didn’t meet till I was 24 and already had my first my child. It definitely takes a great man to get into something like that and become a father to toddler whos father wasnt intesrested in being a part of his life.
That’s such a shame, I wonder if he’ll realise what he’s missed out on when it’s too late.