Collaborative Post¦ Have you ever bought a coffee machine or other kitchen appliance only to find out that it feels like you need a degree in electronics just to understand it?
Combine that with the fact that most of us are looking to use a coffee machine first thing in the morning when we’re truly feeling like zombies, and you’ll find some coffee machines tough to get to grips with.
On top of that, a lot of different coffee machines are put in communal spaces like a break room at work. You won’t want to spend time teaching every member of staff how to use it in detail, so a machine that is intuitive can make all the difference.
Fortunately, in this guide, we’ve put together some of the easiest fully automatic coffee machines to use.
Simple Features of Bean to Cup Coffee Machines
Which features should you look for when it comes to ease of use?
- Simple buttons. Your bean to cup coffee machine will have buttons that enable you to make alterations and change the settings, or to use features like timers. Some of the best bean to cup coffee machines are intuitive and incredibly obvious. The simpler the layout, the better.
- Digital display. A digital display helps you to see that you have selected the right options.
- Limited options. Sometimes, you don’t want to be bombarded by options and choices as to which coffee you want. Some of us just want a simple filter coffee, rather than a decaf extra-shot mocha. It’s good to have options, but it can make it harder to use the machine.
- Easy refill and maintenance. A coffee machine is not just about making it easy to make a cup of coffee. Things like maintenance and refilling with milk, beans, and water, are vitally important. Look for a coffee machine that makes it simple to clean and refill.
Simplest Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machines
Let’s dive into a couple of options for simple bean-to-cup coffee machines for your kitchen at home, or in a workplace environment.
Philips “Series 2200 EP2221/40”
The Philips Series 2200 is packed with simple and convenient features, all at a relatively low price point.
First and foremost, the simple touch interface makes it really easy to choose your favorite drink based on the icon. It couldn’t be simpler, and you can easily make either a filter coffee or a barista-style coffee.
Other features that make this one of the easiest and most convenient machines include:
- An aqua-clean filter that means you can make up to 5000 cups of coffee before you have to descale your machine. That’s a lot of java!
- It has a removable brewing unit which is also simple to clean.
- When it is time to descale, you can use the integrated program to do so without any effort on your part.
- Many of the parts are dishwasher safe, including the steam wand (helpful for making latte and cappuccino drinks) and the grounds container. Just pop them in the dishwasher when you’re finished.
This is one of those bean-to-cup coffee machines that couldn’t be easier to use, and if you’re the one left to do the cleaning and maintenance you’ll also be delighted that you chose this model.
Saeco “GranAroma SM6582/10″
The Saeco “GranAroma SM6582/10″ is the sort of coffee machine that if you walked up to it in a communal staff room, you would know exactly how to use it without even having to read any instructions. Plus, you get delicious Italian coffee preparation.
You can see how easy the control panel is, with seven different beverages that you can choose at the touch of a button, and even simple alterations you can make using sliders on the display screen. This feature is what the brand calls the Coffee Equalizer.
The aquaclean filter means that you can brew up to 5,000 cups of coffee before you have to descale, you just have to replace the filters periodically.
The machine is relatively easy to clean, though not as simple as the Philips “Series 2200 EP2221/40”. If you want a coffee maker that makes it incredibly simple to create a variety of beverages without having to perform any complex setup.
When you’re thinking about buying one of the top bean-to-cup coffee machines, the ease of use might not be the first thing you consider. Things like drink selection might be seen as more important, but, in fact, the ease of use can be one of the most important factors, especially if you expect the machine to be used by a lot of people.
Our two recommended models give you two examples of very good coffee machines to easily use and maintain. Even if you want to stray from these examples, just make sure you stick to our buying guide and you won’t go far wrong.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.