Sponsored Review¦ Bitdefender are a global leader in cybersecurity and are regularly in receipt of awards in the industry. I’ve been using the same antivirus software for 13 years. However, I always keep open-minded when it comes to security software. So recently I ditched what I had been using and put Bitdefender to the test!
For the purpose of this review, I’ve been using Bitdefender Antivirus Free. While I’ve been using the Windows version, it is also available for Mac and Android!
So, let’s take a look at the pros and cons:
1. You can protect your computers and your phone
2. Easy and quick to download and install (just make sure you have removed any pre-existing antivirus software on your device first)
3. Having used free antivirus products from most of the other leading providers on the market before, this is the best I have found for not slowing down other applications that you are using. This is because most of the heavy scanning is done in the cloud while keeping your files private – clever! Don’t worry, they’re never uploaded to or stored in the cloud and the actual contents are never scanned.
4. Protects better than many other leading antiviruses according to tests
5. Monitors in real-time and acts on threats immediately (I put this to the test using fake malware and was really impressed)
6. Quickly scans files and folders
7. Detects scam and phishing websites
8. User-friendly interface
9. No sudden annoying adverts
10. Updates automatically
11. Free online support
1. It takes a long time to do a full system scan (although I do have a LOT of files on my machine)
2. If you want features that aren’t in the free version you need to pay for a package…but that’s fair enough, they do have a business to run 🙂
Speaking of additional features, there are lots of useful things provided in the paid for versions of the software which may be well worth your while. These include a VPN service, parental controls, safe online banking and a microphone monitor.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored review post. However, as always, all views and opinions are honest and my own.