I can’t believe the time has come again for BlogOn! I enjoyed last September’s Christmas themed BlogOn so much and am so excited to be heading back to Manchester this weekend for more Christmassy fun at BlogOnToys. Blogging conferences are a whirlwind of fun, learning and socialising and I really recommend BlogOn as there is such a lovely atmosphere. Anyway, until now I have somehow missed that there was an introduction linky. So, here are my answers to the questions!
- Share a photograph (a recent one so people can recognise you!) Oh dear, I don’t have many photos of me that I actually like. I don’t like this one either, but it’s fairly recent, so you should be able to recognise me from it!
- What is the best thing about blogging? I find writing really enjoyable and it’s great being able to help people.
- What was your dream job when you were growing up? An author, a teacher, or something in IT. Well, I blog and work in IT as a QA Specialist, so I guess I’ve pretty much achieved my goals!
- What is your lucky number? I’m not sure why, but I feel drawn to the number 7. I have a mug with my name on that says that’s my lucky number, so perhaps that’s why!
- What is your favourite season? Summer, because I don’t cope well with being cold. I also don’t like dark mornings and evenings. I honestly wish I could hibernate!
- If you had to choose one what would your favourite dish from the Chinese be? Chow mein…ooh, I could really eat that right now!
- What is your useless talent? I can twitch my nose like a rabbit and raise my eyebrows individually.
- If you could keep any animal as a pet what would you choose?
A llama or a cow!
- Which one meal would you eat forever? (If you had to choose one!) Jacket potato with cheese and beans with salad on the side. Love it!
- What is the last thing you check before you lock your front door? That I have my phone!
- If you won £50,000 what would be the first thing you would buy? I’d probably use it for some major redecoration work on our house. I’d knock through the dining room and galley kitchen to make one lovely kitchen diner!
- What is your favourite social media channel? Twitter – it’s how I interact with all my blogging friends! It’s such a supportive community and I wake up with a smile every morning.
- Tell us more about your best ever holiday I think my best ever holiday was actually our holiday to Bluestone in June! The weather was just so gorgeous and we had such a lovely time with Autumn. I got to try new things, we visited beautiful places and spent lots of time on the beach.
- Name one cake you rock at baking I’m generally quite good at baking, but I make an amazing vanilla birthday cake which is pretty tall as it’s three sponges stacked on top of the other.
- Which session are you most looking forward to? That’s a tough one, as I’m looking forward to so many sessions. However, I really need to work on my photography skills, so I’m really looking forward to that.
- What is your favourite book ever? Again, that’s so tough. I love classics such as Jane Eyre and To Kill a Mockingbird. However, I also don’t feel like I can answer this question without mentioning Harry Potter! Argh, I’m such a book lover that I simply can’t answer this!
- Which special event is your favourite? (Halloween, Christmas etc) Christmas, because I get to spend lots of quality time with all the people I care about the most. It’s going to get better and better in many respects over the next few years as Autumn learns about the ‘magic’ of Christmas.
- If the internet vanished right now how would you share your message or life story without a blog? I’d probably just write lots of letters into newspapers and hope for the best! Perhaps I’d try to get more into photography and attempt to get my work into an exhibition.