If you’ve been reading my blog, you’ll have seen that I like to participate in blogger tags from time to time. They’re just a bit of fun to find out more about the person behind the blog. Thank you to Debbie at My Chaotically Eclectic Life for tagging me!
Here are my answers.
1. What’s your favourite movie?
The Italian Job
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
I’ve never seen one
4. A book you plan on reading?
I’ve started reading The Midwife’s Confession by Diane Chamberlain. I’d like to finish reading it, but I’ve been so busy I haven’t touched it for two weeks.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, which is one of my most favourite books. I spent an entire school year picking it apart, yet I still enjoy it.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
I adore Long Lost Family
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Around a 7.5, I think. Autumn makes life really exciting and my blog has been taking me in some interesting directions this year too.
8. iPhone or Android?
Android. I’ve had both iPhones and Android phones. I find Android more customisable.
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter is probably my favourite, as I speak to people on there much more. However, I enjoy the creativity of Instagram.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
11. What’s your favourite food?
Cheese or chocolate. Probably cheese, as I’ve given up both for a period of time before, but when I gave up cheese I found it more difficult.
12. Least favourite food?
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Normally margherita, but I’m in a sweet n sour mood while I’m writing this. I love sweet n sour sauce, peppers and mushrooms with a good sprinkle of cheese on top.
14. Favourite drink?
I know most people find this odd, but water. Many people think it’s boring, but I just don’t feel like anything else is properly quenching.
15. Favourite dessert?
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk chocolate, although I like both
17. Coffee or tea?
Tea, if it can be herbal.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
There’s lots of hard parts. I think the hardest thing is when you see your child suffering and can’t do anything to help them.
19. What’s your favourite band?
I can’t choose just one. I’ll go with the first one that springs to mind, which is Queen
20. Favourite solo artist?
Oh, I don’t know.
21. Favourite song?
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Erm, I can’t sing! Freddie Mercury possibly, if he was still alive
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
The electric guitar
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I know some people consider the ribcage to be the new ‘tramp stamp’, but I actually think some of them are quite pretty. If it wasn’t such a painful place, that’s possibly where I’d choose.
25. To be or not to be?
That is the question!
26. Dogs or cats?
Cats. I like some dogs too, if they’re well trained (I’m nervous if they’re not). I prefer cats though, they like sleep a lot and that reminds me of myself! haha
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Whale-watching sounds amazing!
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
I’ve had lots of beautiful gifts. One that comes to mind is I have a bear that my husband gave me that has messages recorded onto it from the closest people to me, telling me that they love me. I can play it if I ever feel down and it’ll remind me how much people care about me.
If you’d consider Autumn a gift though, she’s definitely the best gift!
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
Again, Autumn, if she counts? My husband wanted her to arrive before his birthday last year and I (just about) delivered!
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
Some dog toys, a candle and a handprint from Autumn
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Cluedo, I think. Or Mousetrap!
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
Either pink or brown
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
Heels! I’m found in flats far more often these days, though. Heels aren’t really that practical when you’re chasing a tiny human around all day. Plus, if I go out wearing heels, I keep having to change in and out of them so that I can drive!
39. Pilates or yoga?
I haven’t tried either, but I fancy giving yoga a go some time
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
I wish I knew! I’m not much good at de-stressing. Ben & Jerry’s and Legally Blonde, perhaps?
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
I’d like to be able to time travel, be invisible or have healing powers
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Discombobulation. I love it!
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
The other night when my husband really upset me
46. Do you like your handwriting?
If I spend time on it, I like it. If I’m writing fast, then I think it looks a mess
47. Do you bake?
Not as often as I’d like to
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
Where to begin?
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
I think I’m quite kind and loyal. Physically, I like my eye colour and my bum
50. Who do you miss most?
51. What are you listening to right now?
A documentary about Bruce Forsyth
52. Favourite smell?
I have lots of favourite smells. Greenhouses, sheds, honeysuckle after summer rain, roses, my husband, newborn baby’s heads, fresh bread, coal tar soap…
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
55. A sport you wish you could play?
I just wish I was more sporty in general, really!
56. Hair colour?
Brown and pink. The pink has mostly faded out now though, so it’s kind of a rose gold colour
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
Happy endings, but I do like scary films as well
59. Favourite season?
Summer, because I don’t like being cold! To me, life just seems so more exciting and full of promise in the summer
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
In no particular order, my Grandad, my Mother-in-law and the Queen
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
I don’t really have a preference
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Parc Asterix in France
65. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet; I’m such a sweet tooth!
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
The Harry Potter books.
68. Favourite bedtime story?
I couldn’t possibly choose. There are so many lovely children’s books!
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
Hmm, I’ve never really thought about that. Ask me in another 20 years, perhaps!
70. Favourite sound?
Autumn giggling, it’s the best sound in the world
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
I have one, but I can’t remember who it is! I asked my husband and even he can’t remember.
73. Last photograph you took?
One of Autumn, of course!