I’ve seen a few variations of this tag floating around, but the general jist seems to be that you answer 25 beauty related questions. You then think of 25 questions and tag other beauty bloggers to answer them! While I’m not primarily a beauty blogger, I do occasionally blog about beauty products (including these reviews on Kat Von D’s liquid lipstick and Benefit’s Roller Lash). I love blogging about beauty, I just don’t feel I’m good enough with beauty products to blog about them all the time!
When Chelseas Beauty asked if I wanted to take part in the tag, after reading Zombie Goddess’ post, I jumped at the chance. I haven’t blogged about anything beauty related for far too long! We thought we’d collaborate and publish our posts on the same day. YOU CAN READ HER ANSWERS HERE.
1.What are your top 3 make-up staples that you always have to wear?
Foundation, lipstick and mascara. I hate
my skin and I feel like my eyes look weird if I don’t wear mascara because I’m so used to wearing it. Then I put on lipstick, as I think I look weird if I wear foundation but no lipstick! I’ve recently reviewed one of my current favourites
! I never used to wear just
3 make-up items. However, being a busy mum, there have been times I’ve literally just worn those 3 products!
2. What is your favourite drugstore brand?
I really like Soap and Glory at Boots! The retro packaging is so ‘me’ and there are some great products! However, I haven’t tried their Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss, despite wanting to for ages. Does anyone know if it’s good?
3. Smoky eyes or a strong lip?
I’m still working on doing a smoky eye without looking like I’ve been punched, so it’s got to be a strong lip! A red lip is classic me. However, I also love using purple, burgundy and hot pink lipsticks!
I think I always feel most like me with a red lip, that’s why I wore red lipstick on my wedding day!
4. What is your skincare routine?
Hahaha, skin care routine? I wish I had one, I’m too busy. Therefore my skin is going to pot! When I was being really good before I got married, I had a great routine. I’d cleanse, tone with an apple cider vinegar toner I made and moisturise. I’d like to go back to that, but I barely have the time for anything at the moment. I’m constantly on the go!
5. What is your best make-up tip?
After applying your lipstick, suck your finger. It looks a bit dodgy, but it prevents you from getting the dreaded lipstick on teeth faux pas! However, make sure you remember to remove the lipstick ring from your finger.
6. What is your favourite lip shade to wear?
It has to be red. As I’ve said, it makes me feel like ‘me’ for some reason.
7. First make-up item you ever bought?
A Sugar Babes lip gloss from Boots when I was about 8. It smelled of fruit and was a pink/purple colour with glitter in it. I felt so sophisticated!
8. What brands do you trust to last a long day out & about?
Revlon seems very long-lasting. I had a great foundation that lasted the whole work day, therefore I purchased it on repeat for a while. When I had Autumn, I switched to cheaper alternatives.
9. Do you save or splurge when it comes to beauty brands?
A mixture. There are products I’ve tried over the years that are cheap that I go back to time and time again. However, other times I think you need to splurge to get good quality.
10. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Naturally straight. It has a tiny kink though, it’s not poker-straight.
11. What is your natural hair colour?
Brown, the colour you can see at the top of my hair! When all of my hair was brown, it would slowly get bleached by the sun. Therefore the top would be a darker brown (as it is now) and the bottom would be light brown, sometimes even a dark blonde in the summer!
12. Do you dye your hair? Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
Yes, the bottom part of my hair is dyed as you can see in the picture above. I had it dyed pink at a salon; I have dyed my hair myself in the past though! My hair has almost faded to the blonde underneath now. However, I’ll be going back to make it pinker again soon!
13. How often do you wash your hair?
Every other day, usually. However, since becoming a mum I do sometimes push it a further day with dry shampoo!
14. How often do you change your nail polish?
Nail polish, what’s that?! Unfortunately, I’ve only done my nails once since I gave birth
to Autumn 7 months ago!
15. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
I polish them any time of year. Especially if I’m going to the swimming pool or wearing peep-toe shoes!
16. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
It depends on the day. If I’m in a rush it can take 3 minutes. If Dave is around and I can do it more leisurely, it can take around an hour. That’s usually only if I’m going the whole hog with fake lashes and everything.
17. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Usually my face. If I’m being a little more elaborate with my eye make up, I do my eyes first. Understandably, nobody wants to get flakes of eyeshadow powder over foundation, blusher and highlighter they’ve already done!
18. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Not very often at all. The last time I wore them was shortly after Christmas, or possibly my birthday at the beginning of January. For years I was rubbish at applying them, therefore I avoided them. I seem to have the knack now, although if it’s a windy day I worry about them flying off!
19. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
I always used to! Since having a baby I’ve had to become more relaxed about it. Shock, horror, I’ve even gone out without make up! That would have been completely unthinkable to me before.
20. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Not usually when I’m home alone, but I do if I’m just going to a family member’s house.
21. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I never used to. I’m always in a rush and Autumn takes up most of my time. Therefore, sometimes I have to ditch the makeup routine altogether! By no means am I a fan of it, but sometimes needs must.
22. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Tiny confession…I don’t usually use brushes! They seem to always get lost. I like using a blusher brush, I think I have about 3. However, I couldn’t tell you where they are right now. I think one might be in my husband’s car…
See, things like this are why I can’t be a ‘proper’ beauty blogger!
23. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
No, I just try to make a mental note!
24. How did you come up with your blog name?
My daughter is called Autumn, so I’m Autumn’s Mummy! I was inspired by a health visitor at a baby group who referred to me as “Autumn’s mummy”. She could never remember any parents’ names, so just referred to them all as the mummy of their child’s name.
25. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Either my Samsung 7 Edge’s camera which is pretty good, or my Nikon D3100 DSLR.
Chelseas Beauty’s answers:
Don’t forget to check out Chelseas Beauty’s answers over at her blog!
Who I’m tagging
- Can you do eyeliner flicks?
- What is your most favourite product right now?
- Which brands of make up do you usually buy?
- What make up do you wear on a daily basis?
- Do you prefer liquid lipstick or regular lipstick?
- Do you have a go-to mascara?
- If you wear fake eyelashes, what is your favourite brand?
- Do you contour?
- Do you use highlighter?
- I love my eyes, therefore I enjoy trying to make them stand out. What feature do you like to enhance the most?
- Do you have a favourite You Tube beauty tutorial?
- BB cream or foundation?
- Do you ever use glitter?
- Do you wear different products in the summer to the winter?
- My mum let me borrow her foundation once, however I ended up with an orange face and white neck! What has been your biggest make up fail over the years?
- Do you think you should enhance either your eyes or lips, or can you emphasise both at once?
- I wear many colours of lipstick, however red makes me feel the most confident. What make up makes you feel confident?
- Is there a product you’ve most enjoyed blogging about?
- What would your 5 desert island beauty products be?
- I let my husband do my make up once! It wasn’t too much of a disaster, however, it wasn’t great either! Would you ever let a partner do your make up?
- What was the last product you used?
- What colour of nail varnish do you most enjoy wearing?
- Would you ever consider contouring your collarbone, boobs, stomach or legs? (This is a thing, I’ve seen people do it!)
- I used to love playing with a lipstick set I has as a child! However, it wasn’t proper make up and was a bit greasy! Did you play with make up as a child?
- What is your favourite make up look?
Don’t forget to check out Chelsea’s beauty tag post, as well as her Instagram and Twitter accounts!