Hi and welcome back to my When I found out I was pregnant guest series! This week I’m excited to introduce Jess from Beauties and the Bibs. She was surprised to find out that she was pregnant after friends had joked with her and worried about how she was going to tell her mum!
1. When did you find out you were pregnant?
I found out that I was pregnant in June 2016 I think ! Is that bad I don’t know exactly when I found out. My brain has turned slightly to mush since then.
2. Where were you when you found out you were pregnant?
Well I have been at university and my friends were joking that I was having baby brain moments. Even though at this point I didn’t know I was pregnant. So in a bit of a flap I got a pregnancy test on the way home. I walked straight into the house joked to my partner about it and set out to do my test. 5 minutes later it was confirmed I did in fact have baby brain and was pregnant.
3. Were you surprised?
Gosh yes we were surprised. We had said to each other if it happens it happens but no way were we expecting it.
4. Before you took a pregnancy test, did you have any signs that you may be pregnant?
Like I said in a previous question I had complete baby brain very early on. My memory used to be awesome but I was forgetting more and more and also kept jumbling up my words. Not sure if that is a sign but my friend said she had the same when she was pregnant. I had also gone dress shopping with my mom a few weeks prior to finding out I was pregnant and had said to my mom that my body had completely changed and nothing was fitting me. I had put it down to shops not making clothes for proper people and also eating more rubbish then I probably should.
5. What were the first thoughts that went through your mind when you found out you were pregnant?
How the hell am I going to tell my mom. I don’t even live at home anymore but my mom was always making a point of saying have you taken your pill we don’t want any babies yet! So I was so scared to tell her just in case she was disappointed. Of course she wasn’t and it wasn’t that bad telling her in the end.
6. How did you tell your partner you were pregnant?
He was in the room with my when I did my test and we both watched eagerly waiting for the result.
7. What was your partner’s reaction?
He was over the moon we both did a happy dance and of course we had a little cry !
- First time mommy to beautiful little Ava Willow, born 1st January 2016
- On maternity leave but studying at university (doing a top up year to gain a full degree in early childhood studies)
- Loves spending time with her family
- Has a dog called Kya who is usually good, but likes to chew her socks sometimes
- Recently engaged to her partner of 5 years (congratulations!)
I loved the fact that Jess and her partner did a happy dance and I can definitely relate to the mushy brain!
Thank you for sharing your story with us, Jess! x