Hello and welcome back to my guest series!
This week, I’m delighted to introduce Naomi aka. Tattooed Mummy. She’s a mum of a 17 year old, but she can still recall the answers to these questions as though it were yesterday.
1. When did you find out you were pregnant?
So the first morning after the holiday I crept into the loo with a stick and tested – and while I was really hoping that I was, it was glorious to be proved right!
2. Where were you when you found out you were pregnant?
In the loo 🙂 but actually my husband already guessed when, in a cafe in Abergavenny, I ate a huge pizza and a thick shake and after eating it I declared, “I could eat that all again right now!”
3. Were you surprised?
No as we’d been trying, but I was thrilled.
4. Before you took a pregnancy test, did you have any signs that you may be pregnant?
See 2 above, also I ran for a train in the week before the holiday and my boobs hurt so much I had to stop! As I have a tiny chest this was a great surprise, it had never happened before!
5. What were the first thoughts that went through your mind when you found out you were pregnant?
Excitement, dreams of babies and buying baby clothes
6. How did you tell your partner you were pregnant?
I walked into the bedroom and he was laying in bed reading, I just said “guess what? I’m pregnant!”
7. What was your partner’s reaction?
- A wife and mother in her early 50s
- Has a border terrier called Fizz
- Has a neurological condition called Charcot-Marie-Tooth
- Has a tattoo of a dragon on the top of her left arm
- Loves festivals and camping
What a great story – it’s interesting to hear that the memories are so vivid 17 years later! I laughed out loud when I read her partner’s response – you’d have thought he’d be more prepared after the pizza and milkshake, bless him!
Thank you for taking part, Naomi! x