Today I’m treating you to two blog posts, because yesterday I was nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award. I’d like to say a huge thank you to A Mindful Geek for nominating me. It means a lot to know that someone is enjoying what you write and thinks you deserve recognition for it.
Similar to the Liebster Award, this is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers and has just a few simple rules:
1. Write a post to show your nomination.
2. Make sure to include a link and thank the blogger that has nominated you.
3. Tell us how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers that you would like to nominate.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know that you have nominated them with a link to the post you created.
So, that’s rules 1 and 2 complete already! Now for the rest…
How my blog started:
One day in January 2017 I was feeling quite anxious and like I needed an outlet for the traumatic events of the previous few months. I also thought I’d like somewhere to record my daily life and thoughts, as well as document Autumn growing up. I’ve always enjoyed writing and wanted to start writing more once again. So just like that, Autumn’s Mummy was born. I’d blogged on and off for 12 years, but had never blogged seriously before.
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Research. Research all sorts of things about blogging, so you don’t end up completely in the deep end like I did. Decide if you want to go with WordPress, Blogger or somewhere else. I wish I’d known the restrictions that using wordpress.com would place on me before I started. As much as I like WordPress, eing unable to use so many plugins and iframes being restricted is a real bummer sometimes.
- Be passionate. If you’re passionate about writing, I truly believe that will come across to your readers and they will enjoy what you’re writing more.
I nominate the following blogs:
- Pale Girl Rambling (@palegirlrambling)
- Okoto Enigma’s Blog (@enigmaokoto)
- She and the Whale (@sheandthewhale)
- The Hels Project (@thehelsproject)
- A Mundane Life (@aMundaneSarah)
- Bobsy’s Mum (@bobsys_mum)
- Impression (@impression_mcr)
- Honest Father (@honest_father)
- Lycra Widow (@lycrawidow)
- Kits and Vixen (@kitsandvixen)
- Even Angels Fall (@oncefallenangel
- Daddy Poppins (@daddypoppinsblg)
- Mummy Toosh (@mummy_toosh)
- Wanderlust Pulse (@wanderlustpulse)
- Womanish Affairs (@womanishaffairs)
They were the first 15 that came to mind. There are so many other wonderful blogs out there that I enjoy and would have nominated too; chances are that you’re one of them if you’re not on my list!