Hi and welcome again!
Well, this guest series is now in full swing. It’s great seeing a new story each week about women’s different experiences of when they found out they were pregnant. Every story is unique, yet similarities can often be drawn. One of the most prominent similarities is the mixture of emotions that are felt when one finds out and today’s guest poster is no exception! This week, I’m thrilled to introduce Becky from Bringing up the Berneys.1. When did you find out you were pregnant?
I found out I was pregnant in May 2015. I was about 5 days late, (although that’s not uncommon for me)
2. Where were you when you found out you were pregnant?
I was at home, in our old flat – (the bathroom.)
3. Were you surprised?
In a way, yeah. We’d been “trying but not trying” for 5 months – if it happened great, but if it didn’t then it wasn’t the end of the world y’know? And then I got “pregnant” on the test! I was surprised because I didn’t think we’d be lucky so soon, especially after the amount of threads and websites I’d read, I was prepared to be in it for the long haul.
4. Before you took a pregnancy test, did you have any signs that you may be pregnant?
Yes! I thought it was just PMS, I usually get the mood swings and the need to eat my weight in chocolate a week before I’m due on, so I didn’t think anything of it at first. Then I got seriously sore boobs one day, I’d never experienced this before so that kind of rang alarm bells in my head (again, from reading up on symptoms I knew this was one other women had said they’d experienced before their BFP.) I was also just SUPER emotional, even more so than usual. I just wanted to cry at everything!
5. What were the first thoughts that went through your mind when you found out you were pregnant?
A total mix of thoughts went through my head. When did it happen? How far along was I? I’m pregnant?? Was the test right?? What happens now? I’m pregnant?! Should I tell anyone other than Martin? I’m pregnant!?
6. How did you tell your partner you were pregnant?
I ran back into the bedroom and jumped on the bed (it was about 8am in the morning) and I woke Martin up and showed him the test with a big grin on my face.
7. What was your partner’s reaction?
“Well, Shit.” were his exact words. He was joking of course. He then gave me a big hug and a kiss and was like a little school girl!
- Step-mum to Lily and mum to William
- She has a cat called Lucy
- Stay at home mum
- Drinks a lot of tea and eats a lot of biscuits with William
- Enjoys knitting
- Binge watches TV series rather than waiting each week for episodes
- Food is the way to her heart – especially doughnuts and pizza!
What a great partners’ reaction, it made me giggle! Thank you for sharing your story, Becky! x