I’m very happy and honoured right now, as yesterday I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Zoe over at LycraWidow! Thank you!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who they think are deserving of an award. Then, should they choose to accept the award, the nominated bloggers write a blog post answering 11 questions from the person nominating them, list 11 facts about themselves and list some nominees of their own!
After some happy dancing when I received my nomination, I got myself a packet of mini eggs and sat down to answer Zoe’s questions.
Here are her 11 questions and my answers:
- Do you have any piercings? If not, would you consider one?
Yes! I have my ear lobes, my helix (cartilage at the side of the ear) and my nose pierced. I used to have my belly button pierced too, but unfortunately that grew out.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
I’d love to have healing hands. It would be amazing being able to help people who are suffering.
- Why did you start a blog?
I’ve always enjoyed writing and had blogs in the past. However, I kept them private as I didn’t think anyone would want to read them. Autumn gave me the confidence to go for it seriously this time and I’m really enjoying it. I wanted somewhere for me where I could just write about my thoughts and interests as well as documenting my husband and I’s family life as first time parents.
- Mayonnaise or Ketchup?
It’s got to be ketchup! I’d have ketchup on almost anything – I get through so much of it.
- Ski holiday or beach holiday? (With or without the kids!)
A beach holiday. I just love being in or by the sea, it makes me feel relaxed.
- What is your biggest fear?
Death and serious illness (regarding both my family and I).
- Do you drive? If so what do you drive? If not do you use public transport or lots of walking?
Yes, I finally passed my driving test first time round a year ago this week after years of having lessons on and off. I drive a Toyota Yaris, which I’m very fond of.
- What was the last book you read?
Guess How Much I Love You: One More Tickle. One of my best friends bought it for Autumn for Christmas and she absolutely loves it (so do I!)
- Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
My most favourite posts are 10 Reasons why I love my husband and Things that have changed since I became a mum. Writing about the two people I love the most is always enjoyable.
My least favourite post so far is My 10 top tips for dealing with a cold. I’m not completely happy with how I wrote it.
- What are you struggling with the most right now?
Aunt Flo is here, so everything aches and I feel sick. I just want to eat lots of chocolate and wallow in the bath like the bloated hippo-woman I feel like right now!
- What was your first dance song? If you’re not married what is your “couple song”?
Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing – Aerosmith.
When we were 16, Dave was doing his homework listening to music one evening and we were sitting in his room. My Dad was on his way to collect me and we just didn’t want to be apart! That song came on and it just described exactly how we felt about one another. We decided then that that was “our song” and that would be our first dance song if we ever married.
11 Random facts about me:
- My favourite genre of music is metal
- I talk to inanimate objects far more often than I’d care to admit. Sometimes I apologise to things if I drop them or walk into them, which I know a lot of people do. However, I have been known to look for food in the kitchen cupboards and have an argument with the cupboard if I can’t find what I’m looking for!
- I am obsessed with cheese
- For a large portion of my youth, I loved a powerstation (my friends and I are weird – we used to take photos of us with the powerstation in the background)
- I adore Japanese things – pocky, manga, anime and alpacassos are awesome!
- When I was 13, I fell off of my bike and fractured my wrist when I rode fast over some wet leaves. I then didn’t let anyone help me at school and temporarily became left-handed (my writing was a bit shaky at first, but it was incredibly legible by the end of the 6 weeks I was in plaster)
- I often much prefer socialising with older people than younger people
- I don’t like most types of cake, I only really eat chocolate cake and lemon cake
- I love unicorns! My parents bought me an inflatable unicorn costume for my birthday last year and I love it!
- I got engaged when I was 18 (with aforementioned powerstation as a backdrop!)
- When Autumn wakes up each day, I smile and say “Good morning, beautiful!” to her and kiss her little head. Then we go downstairs and talk about the weather while I make her bottle of milk.
Here are my nominees:
- Nikki from Glam & Geeky Mum
- Tessa at Grumpy Mum Reviews
- Claire at Dear Mummy Bear
- Donna at Bobsy’s Mum
- Naomi at Tattooed Mummy
- Bridget at Mummy Bee
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- Who is your hero?
- Do you like cheese? If so, what cheese is your favourite?
- What genre of music do you most enjoy?
- Do you like surprises? Explain your answer.
- What has been your most favourite holiday?
- What was your first job?
- Big party or small gathering?
- What is your favourite mythical creature and why?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
- What was your favourite class at school and why?
- If you could time-travel, what year would you go to and why?
I’m really looking forward to reading your answers!
These are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride
Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
List 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
Credit for wedding photos goes to Robert Marriott Photography.