When I found out I was pregnant – Dear Mummy Bear

When I found out I was pregnant – Dear Mummy Bear

Hi and welcome to my new guest series – When I found out I was pregnant. It was about this time last year that I took my positive test, which got me wondering about other bloggers’ experiences of when they found out they were pregnant. Everyone has a unique story after all and I thought others might like to hear them too!

I’m excited to introduce the lovely Claire from Dear Mummy Bear for the first week of my 12-part guest series. Claire talks us through how and when she found out she was pregnant, as well as her early symptoms and the emotions of her and her partner upon finding out. I hope you enjoy reading Claire’s story as much as I did!

1.       When did you find out you were pregnant?

I found out I was pregnant at around 4 weeks exactly I think it was. I was working and on a split shift, I nipped to home bargains on the way home for a first response test and there it was!

2.       Where were you when you found out you were pregnant?

I was at home in between work shifts haha!

3.       Were you surprised?

A little. I think I kinda knew also. I’d been testing almost every month as my periods were quite all over the place and we were non-actively trying for a baby haha! I guess I kinda got a little obsessed with it. But each month, I had a negative result so I wasn’t necessarily expecting anything but I guess I was just hoping.

4.       Before you took a pregnancy test, did you have any signs that you may be pregnant?

Yeah, I had had a couple of migraines over the week, experiencing a few dizzy spells and a fair bit of bloating, similar to when I’m about to get my monthlies if I’m honest. My app also said I was due on the day I tested haha!

5.       What were the first thoughts that went through your mind when you found out you were pregnant?

I was so excited! The one thing I wanted most in life is to be a mummy. To have a child of my own and to have the responsibilities that come with being a parent and enjoying our life together. I’ve dreamed of it for so long! I was also a little scared as we were in a pretty crappy situation financially etc & I worried quite a bit about the pregnancy not going ahead for unknown reasons.

6.       How did you tell your partner you were pregnant?

I literally walked into the bedroom, woke him up and told him we were going to be parents! Nothing exciting but I was so excited to tell him.

7.       What was your partner’s reaction?

Similar to mine if I’m honest. Worried because of our situation financially and also because we didn’t look after ourselves amazingly well if I’m honest. We argued a lot and got stressed, especially when I had been at work all day and he was in the room playing his games. But also quite excited as we’d been together almost 5 years and we knew that we wanted a family.

About Claire:

• Boy Mama
  • Lifestyle and Family Blogger
  • From Wigan, UK
  • Loves cuddles, books, pandas and taking baby photos

You can find her on her blog, Dear Mummy Bear, as well as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

I really enjoyed finding out about how Claire found out she was pregnant, I’m sure many of us can remember the mix of emotions of excitement and worry!

Thank you for taking part, Claire! x

Like this post? Please visit me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube and Google+

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

18 Comments

1. 11th February 2017 / 9:53 am

Reblogged this on Dear, Mummy Bear and commented:
    Thank you so much for having me lovely! Such a fab series to take part in, I can’t wait to read more stories 🙂 xx

2. 11th February 2017 / 9:54 am

Thank you so much for having me lovely! It looks fabulous & such a great series to be taking part in! Thank you 🙂 I can’t wait to read more stories.

Claire xx

• 11th February 2017 / 10:33 am

It was lovely to have you, thanks for taking part! 😊 xx

3. 12th February 2017 / 2:23 pm

I love this story – I can relate to it so much! And I love the idea of the series. I’d love to take part! I’ll be in touch! 🙂 #Blogstravaganza

• 12th February 2017 / 2:34 pm

Thanks – I’m so excited about this guest series and really enjoying reading everyone’s stories! Thanks for commenting xx

4. Mummy Bee
    12th February 2017 / 5:29 pm

Aww so sweet taking me back to when I found out I was pregnant feeling excited and worried all at once #Blogstravaganza

• 12th February 2017 / 6:27 pm

Yes, such intense feelings! I’m looking forward to posting your story 😊 Thanks for commenting xx

5. 13th February 2017 / 11:59 am

Oh what a great idea for a series! I love the different reactions we all have when we find out we are expecting. It’s such an emotional time, even if it’s been planned. #bigpinklink

• 13th February 2017 / 12:20 pm

Thank you! 🙂 Me too, it was some of the strongest emotions I’ve ever felt for sure.

6. 13th February 2017 / 1:59 pm

What a great idea for a series! Finding out you are pregnant is such an amazing time but comes with a whole host of worries too. I can’t wait to read more from this one! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

• 13th February 2017 / 2:18 pm

Thank you, it certainly is! Thanks for commenting 🙂 xx

7. agentspitback
    15th February 2017 / 12:07 pm

What a lovely series!

I enjoyed reading Claire’s story – I remembered testing so many times, drove my partner crazy! Thanks for sharing with #bigpinklink

• 15th February 2017 / 8:48 pm

Thank you 🙂 Me too, I just couldn’t believe it! Thank you for commenting x

8. 17th February 2017 / 4:37 am

all three of my tests were different feelings, this was close to the first I think. .#blogstravaganza

• 17th February 2017 / 1:10 pm

I suppose you do feel differently for the test with each child. I think this is probably very common for a first child, as you really don’t know quite what to expect!